Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fruit Kabobs - St. Patties Day Celebration (Pt.3)

These little guys were a little time consuming, but well worth it!
Since I've been calorie conscious lately, I wanted to offer some healthy options along with all the junk food that I was serving. So I made up these fruit kabobs, along with a green veggie plate (Green Peppers, Cucumbers, Celery) and veggie dip.

The only set-back to this snack is that it takes a awhile to cut up all the fruit. Also, it took me about a half hour in the store to find the skewers!! I figured they'd be with the paper plates, and disposable plastic-ware.. Nope. They were on the other ride of the store (wal-mart super center) with the kitchen-wares!! What!?

Not only is this snack good for you, but it's also good for your wallet!

Try this simple snack and make it your own by adding whatever green fruits YOU like!


What You Will Need:

  • 1 Green Apple ---------- .80
  • 1 Honeydew Melon ---- 2.00
  • 5 Kiwi's ----------------- 1.70
  • 1/2 Lb. Green Grapes -- .69
  • 25ish Skewers ----------- .25 (100 Pack for .97)
Total: 5.44

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment