Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lucky Charms Treats - St. Patties Day Celebration (Pt.1)

This past weekend was St. Patrick's day, so my husband and I decided to throw a little party. Nothing huge, just a few friends. I wanted to be festive and make a few treats, so this is what I came up with!

Lucky Charms Treats- and oh were they a treat!
Growing up my aunt used to make rice crispy treats for almost every family get-together, and I loved them! My mom would also make her own version- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats. To this day, those are still my favorite! But these are a delicious twist, on a classic favorite!!

Ingredients:

Yields: 12 – 16 servings

  • 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
  • 5 large marshmallows or 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
  • 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal

Directions:

1. Grease 9x9x2-inch pan with oil or butter (I used EVOO).

2. Melt margarine and marshmallows until smooth and creamy. Either over medium heat in a saucepan or in the microwave.

3. Stir in Lucky Charms until well coated. Press into pan with buttered hands.

4. Cut into squares when cool.

Nutritional Facts for Lucky Charms Treats

Serving Size: 1 (22 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 16

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value

Calories 88.2

Calories from Fat 22 - 25%

Total Fat 2.4g - 3%

Saturated Fat 1.4g - 7%

Cholesterol 5.7mg - 1%

Sodium 88.5mg - 3%

Total Carbohydrate 15.8g - 5%

Dietary Fiber 0.4g - 1%

Sugars 9.6g - 38%

Protein 0.8g - 1%

Recipe Adapted from food.com.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment