Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dark Chocolate- All Natural Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies

By the title of these cookies you may be able to tell that I'm trying to make these sound as healthy as possible, so I can justify eating 2-3 at a time.. I mean, they do have lots of oats in them, and are filled with dark chocolate & natural PB, right? They're rich, chocolaty, and best of all- EASY to make!! No-bakes have always been a favorite of mine, but I've never had then made with dark chocolate. And now that I know what it does to my taste buds, I may never go back!











Since Me & Brian have been preparing for our vacation in 83 DAYS! I've been trying to buy foods that are better for our bodies, all-natural as often as possible. Versus things like hot dogs & or totinos pizza (Ew!).. So that's why I used all-natural peanut butter & dark cocoa, cause that's all I had on hand. You can use whatever you want! I think next time I would try it with half the sugar- they are pretty sweet. Or maybe use a substitute..


These cookies literally only took 7 mins to make- from adding the first ingredient to dropping the last one on the wax paper to cool!

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies


Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons Dark cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup All-Natural peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • Waxed paper

Directions

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.


Recipe adapted from foodnetwork.com


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These used to be a staple in my home when I had kids around, but I haven't made them in years...I always thought they were healthy & yummy! I like the dark cocoa idea, or maybe part dark & part reg...just might play with it a bit. Thanks for the ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete