Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shamrock Shake (Mint Chocolate-chip)- Gluten-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free.

Shamrock Shake!! (Mint chocolate-chip)
Gluten-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free


Who doesn't like a Mint Chocolate-Chip shake? Especially around St. Patrick's Day! And the best part about this shake is that it's really healthy, so you don't have to feel guilty about drinking it!

Here is what your shake will look like before you mix it up! Kinda scary, I know- but it tastes delish!

Ahh, the finished product! Refreshing green!


Ingredients:

  • 1- Frozen Banana (As ripe as possible! Like the ones you'd freeze for banana bread!)
  • 1 handful- Chocolate chips (I don't like chocolate-chips so I just used 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder)
  • 2 drops- of pure peppermint extract
  • 1/4 cup- Frozen Spinach (If you just can't do the spinach, green food coloring will also do. However, I couldn't taste it at all!)
  • 2/3 cup- Milk of your choice

Blend it all together and you're done!!

Disclaimer: As far as the mint extract goes, I don't have a dropper so I just eyeballed it, and I didn't really taste much mint. So I added some more, and of course it was wayyyyy too much! I wasn't sure what I could add to cut the mint, but after a little thought- I decided that 2 Tbsp. of natural peanut butter should work! And it did! My shake was tasty!!
This is what the finished product looked like!



No comments:

Post a Comment