Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Super Simple Crab Rangoon

Crab Rangoon

Crab Rangoon. Such an easy food to make, and yet this was my first time! Although this was easy as far as few ingredients, and simple steps. I will have to invest in an electric deep fryer before I make them again. The oil was splattering all over the place, and the pot I fried them in took about a half hour to get clean. But these were sure worth it!! In fact they were so good that I forgot to take any 'after pictures'. 



INGREDIENTS:

  • 6oz. Can- White Crabmeat
  • One Half- Red Onion
  • 8oz. Block- Cream Cheese
  • Half Package- Won Ton Wrappers (About 20 Wrappers)
  • 1 Bottle- Vegetable Oil 
  • Small Dish Of Water- To Seal The Won Tons Closed 
  • 1/4 - 1/2 t.- Garlic Salt (Whatever tastes right to you)



As you can see I decided to do triangles, but you can do any shape you want!

1. Put the entire bottle of Vegetable Oil in a large pot, and turn on Med-Hi. You want it to be just slightly bubbling when you put the Crab Rangoon in.

2. In a food processor (I used a small one) combine and mix- 
                Small diced Red Onions, Crabmeat (Drained), Cream Cheese, Garlic Salt.

3. Separate Won Ton wrappers and fill with about 1 T. of crab mixture. You don't want to over fill them or they'll explode while they're cooking, and oil will go everywhere. 

4. Dip your index finger in the small dish of water, and wet the edges of the wrapper, and fold the edges together to seal the pocket. 

5. Gently drop the Rangoon in the HOT oil, and turn over after about 20-30 seconds. They'll stay in the oil for a total of about 1 minute, depending on the temperature of your oil.

6. When you take them out of the oil, place them on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up all the excess oil.

7. Enjoy!! 

I didn't make any sauce because not only was this my first time making them, but it was also my first time eating them, and I didn't know you were supposed to eat them with sauce. They were so tasty on their own though!! 

Make this recipe your own, and let me know how they turn out!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment